Mad River’s Super Small 6-person whitewater rafts make for the ultimate trip on the Snake River, with paddling action, big waves, and beautiful scenery from start to finish.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 4-12
- Private Boat Up to 10 Passengers
Scenic Floats with Teton Views in Jackson Hole
The magnificent Teton Range sets the stage for our 13-mile Jackson Hole float trip. This trip is guide-powered so guests can relax and enjoy views all around. This 13-mile stretch is home to an array of natural wonders unlike anywhere else on earth and the opportunity to view them all in one place is extremely rare. Guests are welcome to bring cameras or use our complimentary binoculars.
This trip features our full-sized AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 18’3” raft. It can seat up to 10 people but we average 8 to 10 guests per boat. All positions in this raft are non-paddling positions. Our experienced and knowledgeable guides will navigate you through this pristine landscape, sharing the history, geology, and wildlife of the region. You may see beaver, cutthroat trout, cliff swallows, pelicans, osprey, and bald eagles on your Snake River float trip. A lucky few may even catch a glimpse of a mule deer, moose, elk, or even a grizzly or black bear.
Course of Trip:
This float trip starts west of Jackson Hole (near Teton Village) and launches from the Wilson Bridge Boat Ramp and winds its way south exiting the river at South Park Boat Ramp. Guests travel 13 river miles from start to finish.
Best Suited For:
The Snake River scenic float tour is best suited for families with kiddos aged 4 years or older, mature travelers, wildlife enthusiasts or birders, large groups, and multi-generational travelers. Our float trips are a great way for groups of any size to get out and enjoy nature together.
- 8:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
- Launch times vary seasonally or may be altered due to extreme water conditions.
- Please Note: The 12:30 p.m. launch includes a sack lunch!
- When: 15 minutes prior to your scheduled trip time
- Where: Mad River, 1255 South Highway 89 Jackson Wyoming 83001. Just 2 miles south of the town square, between Whole Grocer and Smith’s Grocery.
Transportation from the Mad River Boat Wedge to the river and back is provided on every Mad River trip.
- Bring a face mask (not required to wear while rafting)
- Synthetic layers + bathing suit
- Shoes that can get wet that will not come off your feet – no flip flops!
- A sweatshirt/towel
- Hats and sunglasses are recommended
- Don’t forget sunscreen!
- Professional river guide
- Transportation to and from the river (all departures leave from the Mad River Wedge)
- Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Helmets (required in high water conditions)
Gratuity is not included in regularly scheduled departures. Standard gratuity is recommended at 20% of the rack rate.