Experience the magnificent Teton Range on a Scenic Float! This trip is guide-powered so guests can relax and enjoy views all around. Get up-close views of natural wonders unlike anywhere else on earth!
- Private Boat Up to 8 Passengers • Minimum of 4 Adult Passengers
A Wild & Big Adventure on the Snake River!
Most people choose this small boat tour option because it’s the middle of the road among boat sizes; there is an option to paddle or not (when filled with 8 people) and the small boats are still guaranteed to knock your river booties off! This raft is an AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 15’6” raft. This is an 8-man raft. There are 6 paddling positions and 2 non-paddling positions in this raft.
Mad River’s experienced guides will share the history of the area as well as information about the incredible local flora and fauna. The Snake River Canyon is rich in geological history and your guide will point out some of the features that make this canyon unique. You may see river otters, osprey and bald eagles on your trip. A lucky few might even catch a glimpse of a mountain goat, a mule deer, an elk, or even a grizzly or black bear.
Overview of the Snake River:
People come from all over the world to experience our newly designated “Wild and Scenic” river. The Snake River in Jackson Hole has been classified as a Class I-III river, meaning that you can enjoy anything from a flat water scenic float in the north to exciting whitewater rapids in the Snake River Canyon to the south.
Course of Trip:
All whitewater trips launch from West Table Boat Ramp in the Snake River Canyon and wind their way south toward Alpine, WY, exiting the river at Sheep Gulch Boat Ramp. Guests travel 8 river miles from start to finish. There are about 8 sets of rapids, ranging from Class I to III. Rapids include Station Creek, Double Draw, Blind Canyon, Big Kahuna, Lunchcounter, Ropes, Champagne, and Cottonwoods.
Best Suited For:
Small boats are best suited for families with kiddos, adventure enthusiasts, and small to medium-sized groups. Mad River’s recommendation is that if guests are apprehensive about paddling or not, choose this boat size and ask to take turns paddling with others in their party. Although the minimum age for Mad River’s whitewater trips is 6 years old, this ride is suggested for kiddos 8 years and older.
Need to borrow some of our gear? You can rent Booties ($5), Wetsuits ($10), and Wetsuit Jackets ($5) at check out or the day of your trip!
This trip features our small white water raft. This raft is a made is the USA AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 15’6″ raft. This is an 8-man raft. There are 6 paddling positions and 2 non-paddling positions in this raft. All AIRE boats are made in Meridian, Idaho, USA.
- Launch Times: 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:45 pm
- Launch times vary seasonally or may be altered due to extreme water conditions.
- When: 30 minutes prior to your scheduled trip time (45 minutes prior if you are renting gear)
- Where: Mad River, 1255 South Highway 89 Jackson Wyoming 83001. Just 2 miles south of the town square, between Whole Grocer and Smith’s Grocery.
Transportation from the Mad River Boat Wedge to the river and back is provided on every Mad River trip.
- Bring a face mask (not required to wear while rafting)
- Synthetic layers + bathing suit
- Shoes that can get wet that will not come off your feet – no flip flops!
- A sweatshirt/towel
- Hats and sunglasses are recommended
- Don’t forget sunscreen!
- Professional river guide
- Transportation to and from the river (all departures leave from the Mad River Wedge)
- Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Helmets (required in high water conditions)
Gratuity is not included in regularly scheduled departures. Standard gratuity is recommended at 20% of the rack rate.
**Rentals are available to purchase at checkout or the day of your trip: Booties ($5), Wetsuit ($10), and Wetsuit Jackets ($5).