Our small boats are sure to give you all the thrills you’ve been wanting on your rafting adventure! This 8 seater boat (when filled) offers 2 non-paddling spots. Get ready to grad a paddle and…
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 6-12
- Private Boat Starting price - 4 to 8 passengers (can go up to 16 passengers; additional fees)
You Can’t Go Wrong with Mad River’s Classic Whitewater Boats!
There are non-paddling and paddling positions in this raft. Most people choose this Snake River rafting option because they are first-time rafters or are traveling with small children. This trip features our standard size raft. This raft is an AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 18’3” raft. This boat seats 16 people per boat.
Mad River’s experienced guides will share the history of the area as well as information about the incredible local flora and fauna. The Snake River Canyon is rich in geological history and your guide will point out some of the features that make this canyon unique. You may see river otters, osprey, and bald eagles on your Wyoming rafting trip. A lucky few might even catch a glimpse of a mountain goat, a mule deer, an elk, or even a grizzly or black bear.
Overview of the Snake River:
People come from all over the world to experience our newly designated “Wild and Scenic” river. The Snake River in Jackson Hole has been classified as a Class I-III river, meaning that you can enjoy anything from a flat water scenic float in the north to exciting whitewater rapids in the Snake River Canyon to the south.
Course of Trip:
All whitewater trips launch from West Table Boat Ramp in the Snake River Canyon and wind their way south toward Alpine, WY, exiting the river at Sheep Gulch Boat Ramp. Guests travel 8 river miles from start to finish. There are about 8 sets of rapids, ranging from class I to III. Rapids include Station Creek, Double Draw, Blind Canyon, Big Kahuna, Lunchcounter, Ropes, Champagne, and Cottonwoods.
Best Suited For:
Classic boats are best suited for families with kiddos 6 to 9 years old, solo travelers, active seniors, first-timers, multi-generational travelers, or large groups.
Need to borrow some of our gear? You can rent Booties ($5), Wetsuits ($10), and Wetsuit Jackets ($5) at check out or the day of your trip!
- 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:45 pm
- Launch times vary seasonally or may be altered due to extreme water conditions.
- When: 30 minutes prior to your scheduled trip time (45 minutes prior if you are renting gear)
- Where: Mad River, 1255 South Highway 89 Jackson Wyoming 83001. Just 2 miles south of the town square, between Whole Grocer and Smith’s Grocery.
Transportation from the Mad River Boat Wedge to the river and back is provided on every Mad River trip.
- Bring a face mask (not required to wear while rafting)
- Synthetic layers + bathing suit
- Shoes that can get wet that will not come off your feet – no flip flops!
- A sweatshirt/towel
- Hats and sunglasses are recommended
- Don’t forget sunscreen!
- Professional river guide
- Transportation to and from the river (all departures leave from the Mad River Wedge)
- Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Helmets (required in high water conditions)
Gratuity is not included in regularly scheduled departures. Standard gratuity is recommended at 20% of the rack rate.
**Rentals are available to purchase at checkout or the day of your trip: Booties ($5), Wetsuit ($10), and Wetsuit Jackets ($5).